The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Ta-ta

So, tomorrow we leave for Oregon. No this is not a part of my "reinvent yourself"/identity crisis that I spoke about a few posts ago. No, indeed. We are going to Aaron's parents' house for Easter and to see the new baby (Z, from a few more posts ago). We haven't been there in more than 3 years; Punk has never been. We'll be going to Burns tomorrow night, and then the rest of the way to Klamath Falls Friday morning. This is our first major road trip with the Pumpkinhead. We've flown all over this great land of ours (Chicago, Ann Arbor, Washington, DC, California), but have never gone more than 45 minutes in the car with our son. Should be interesting!

Correction: When we flew to California to visit with C when she was an itty-baby we drove with Punk and Papa and GG from San Jose (I think it was) to Kernville. Good luck finding that on a map! Punk was 1 at the time.

I made Easter baskets up for Punk and C (our niece who turns 2 in June) and yes, I've been stealing candy out of them. Am I a horrible Mama or just a horrible Easter Bunny?!

It should be a lot of fun to have the cousins together for coloring eggs, hunting for eggs, and receiving Easter baskets. Plus, I'm looking forward to lots of baby holding time! :)

Then, we leave Klamath Sunday evening, spend the night in Burns, and return home Monday around noon. That night, yes, that very night, my Dad and brother and the TopCat will arrive! (If you think I'm weird because you have no idea what the TopCat is, you really do need to read the archives!) Dad and Matt haven't been here since Punk's birth, so I'm looking forward to having them here. Hopefully the weather's nice and we can play outside--in the TopCat of course!

So, if I don't check in for a week or more, you'll know that I haven't forgotten my precious e-friends, nor fallen off the face of the earth, nor worse. So, good-bye for now (I have a house to clean and a weekend to pack for!)--I'll be back before you know it! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We have family in Klamath Falls!

Love it there!

Jamie

Tarah said...

Have fun!!! At least you admit to the stealing of candy. :) I just looked bewildered when no one knows what happened!

Rae said...

JAMIE!!! Where will the similarities end! So far by my count we both:
have fam in KF
have mood-swingy toddlers
have meandering hubbies
like your (new) kitchen color
think my kids are cute
think your kid is cute
and suffer from stinkifootyitis! :)
Too bad I already have a twin or you could be it!

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued