The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Happy Mother's Day!!!

This morning Punk and Aaron brought me breakfast (blueberry pancake! yum!) and a card in bed. Then, Punk made me a cute little wooden wheelbarrow filled with silk flowers at church. It was so sweet and cute! Then, when I got home, I found this in my blog comments from Jocelyn who is over in Liberia visiting her son-to-be. I thought it was front-page-worthy:

Pea is walking and smiling...she is beautiful. I gave her a lollipop and she followed me around the baby orphanage for the rest of the time...she is a beauty and I gave her a hug and kiss and told her you love her...she smiled when I said "I know yo ma" She is amazing.

Thanks Jocelyn!

In the meantime, we've been painting the big boys' room (that's Punk's and Pence's new pad--Punk's upgrading out of the "nursery" so Pea can move in). We have "cottage cheese" 70's ceilings throughout the house that already have layers of paint on them, so they're neither easy to scrape off nor to paint. But, Aaron got a paint-sprayer from his grandpa last summer, so after covering every possible surface that we didn't want paint on and taping plastic over the closed door and window, Aaron (with mask and safety glasses on) began to spray the ceiling. After 4 failed attempts, we now have paint on the ceiling and in the closet. It's a very light tan (I think it's called waterchestnut or something). As soon as Punk gets up from his nap, Aaron has to spray a couple lackluster spots on the ceiling (the machine is quite loud) and then we get to the star of the show: Cinderella's Ball Gown. Yes, my big boys' room will be painted in this charmingly feminine-named shade of sky blue! It's quite a nice color, actually--it's the current color in the nursery! But, since the nursery is the smaller of the two rooms, it will be pinkerized for my toddling, smiling beauty!

Punk CANNOT wait to move in. He cried last night when he found out he wouldn't be sleeping there yet. Poor punkin. Good motivation to move fast though! Hopefully he likes being in there as much as he thinks he will! :) We forgot to take "before" pictures, but I promise we'll get some "afters" and maybe a "during" or two!

Happy Mothers' Day, Moms and Expectant Moms!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) When you are typing your post, you highlight the words you want to link under (ie: Jamie's Blog). You then go up and hit the button that has lime green in it and looks like a space alien (I never did figure out what it was supposed to resemble) and a pop-up screen will come up asking for the http:_____ (ie: http://www.fullyoperationalbattlestation.com).

You enter it in and click finish (or done or whatever) and VOILA! You have a linky under that word.

It's pretty easy. You can also go to Blogging Basics 101 and they have detailed instructions for all this kind of crap.

Good luck!

jamie

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued