The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Progress

Well, we've made a lot of progress over the last several days. Here's the new and improved closet for the big boys' room. Aaron built these shelves and then added the extra levels for the hanging rods. As soon as we got the shelves into place, Punk started "stocking" them! Cute!

And here's Pea's room. It's not as bright pink as this makes it seem, but it isn't as "subdued" as I thought it would be either. I guess that may be a good thing since what I was envisioning was, perhaps, a tad mature for a 2 year old! This should be fun for her. This is the best view I could get. You can see the ceiling, which is really barely pink, not like this shows it. And that's "Sunny" on her bed. Punk plays with her all the time, so we had to give her a name. He knows she belongs to Pea and that he won't get to play with her as much when Pea comes home and he has his own dolly (Zizzy), but it seems that, for now anyway, wherever Zizzy goes, Sunny is sure to follow!



I'm planning to make a matching bedskirt-valance set when my mom comes in July. Right now, my plan is brown with pink ribbon trim. You can barely tell that there's a brown grosgrain ribbon detal on the sheets.

I'm not really sure what the light round spots are in this picture? Must be reflections or something? Anyway, this is the wall where the tree will go. Maybe we'll get to that next week or the week after. I'm also planning to put a dresser on this wall, but I haven't found what I want yet. I'm looking for something solid with drawers that slide nicely and a mirror on top. The mirror is negotiable--if I can't find one attached, I'd buy it separately. Oh, and it can't cost an arm and a leg, of course!

This is the view from the door, just for kicks. We re-did all the trim in this room too. You can see it best here. The tree trunk will be the same paint as the trim and the blossoms will be various blends of the ceiling and wall colors. Oh, and until Pea is big enough for the bed, she'll be in the porta-crib (or Punk's old crib when he's done with it) on the wall with the white shelves.

5 comments:

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

Rae,
I love it! Thanks for sharing!
-Jamie (from the AoH Group)

Anonymous said...

I like your pink bedroom, It's pretty. :)
Susan from the AOH forum

Ginger said...

Love it! Love it! You've given me some good ideas. Painting pink is so daunting to me, but I love this room! Thanks for your comment on my blog as well! :D

Anonymous said...

So cute! My kiddos(1 boy, 1 girl) share a room which is decorated in primary colors. I cannot wait to do a room for each of them(in very girl boy themes of course).:o) Good job!

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued