The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Another Package

arrived today. I answered the door for the DHL man in my bathrobe and greasy hair. It was only 11 AM. Maybe I had the flu, right?



This one was addressed to me and clearly marked as coming from Amazon. Aaron and I both assumed it was the web-cam we ordered to communicate with Papa and GG (A's parents who live in Oregon) after we move to WI. We were wrong. Check it out.


Mmm. Mighty big box. And, I know you can't tell, but it really is addressed to me this time.


Lots of air-pillows. I prefer snowman poop. Even though I know this stuff is probably better for the environment and all. It just doesn't say "party" the way snowman poop does.

Oooh! Look at the pretty wrapping! It was almost too pretty to rip into. Almost.

In case the flash-glare impedes your stellar reading skills, it says:

To: Rae
From: Sae
Happy Birthday to us!
Happy Birthday to us!
Happy Birrrrthday, Rachel and Sarah!
Happy Birthday to us!

My sissy emailed me after I thanked her for the watch. She said Aaron "cut [her] out" of the watch pool, so now she looked like a lousy sister with nothing to send me on our birthday. But, now we all know, she did just great and it's me who's the lousy one. Cuz, look. This is all I got for her (so far). And it is still sitting on my kitchen side-table. Unsigned. At least I have a few good reasons. This year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy BIrthday Rachel!!!!!! Thanks ahead of time for all the work you will be doing for us!!! We love you and will be praying for you daily!! Love, DEnise

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued