The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Falling From Grace

I probably shouldn't admit this to all and sundry (some of you stalkers insist on keeping to yourselves), and what I'm about to confess will probably drive some of you from the bossom of my blogworld, but it was accident. It really, really was.

Did you know that Chi-Chi's sells bottled, pre-mixed mixed drinks? Yeah, like margaritas and pomegranate martinis. I think I overdid the martini tonight at dinner (which was really tasty and elegant and fast and easy, thanks to Rachael Ray--remind me to share sometime).

I feel like if I tip my head, it'll just keep tipping. I guess that's what they mean when they say tipsy, eh?

People actually LIKE feeling like this? And think they should DRIVE when they feel like this? Yipes. Dancing, on the other hand, I can see how dancing like this might be fun. If I could dance in the first place. Which I can't. So, actually, it'd probably be really, really ugly if I tried to dance right now.

I really am a naive, innocent 31 year old. And, I was a virgin on my wedding day (I was nearly 25). Am I the only one?

Mmmm. Gonna put my head on a pillow now. Hope I'm back to normal in the morning (I will be, right? You have to REALLY overdo it to have a hangover, right?). See how innocent and naive I am?!

Uuuugh.

1 comments:

Tarah said...

OH NOOOOO!
Drink LOTS of water NOW!!!! Take 5 Motrin and do NOT call me in the morning when you are sweaty and feel cotton mouth.

Thank you Lord the party days are gone!

Yea, some people think they can drive. Thankfully, lots get pulled off the road by cute cops.

Hey, were you at least really horny??? hee hee

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued