The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Here and There

Well, you might have noticed I was gone for the week. Or, due to my sporadic and unpredictable blogging "schedule" you might not have noticed at all. Well, I can't really tell you much, because, you see, Aaron and I were on a top-secret reconnaissance mission. I can tell you we were in Wilmington, NC. I can also tell you that we made a major purchase while we were there.


And, I can tell you that we left the kiddinkidinks with Grandma Linda and Grandpa Ken in Chicago while we were away. They had a lot of fun. Friday, Tia Sarah ("tia" is Spanish for "aunt"), played hooky and tagged along to the zoo. They had a wonderful time and both kids were thrilled with the monkeys. The first thing they told us on the phone that night was how much they liked the monkeys. Mom said that Pea was absolutely enamored of the naked mole rats. She has sublime taste, no? Actually, it makes me a tad wee bit sick to my stomach.

Pea also finally decided my sissy is okay and even fun! If you recall, at Thanksgiving and Christmas, Pea was rather shy of Sarah and never wanted to go to her. But, at the zoo, she trotted along next to Sarah the whole day and just soaked her up!

Anyway, they also went to see "Kung Fu Panda" (which Punk calls "Pu Panda"!) and to McD's where they picked up Po, Viper, and Shifu toys. Po can often be found (when he's not lost) fighting with one of the Vipers.

Punk has been having trouble transitioning back into "normal" life. This is a pattern with him, so it didn't really surprise us. He just has a really snotty attitude. But, there's a new facet to the transition, too. There've been a lot of "I missed you, Mama" and "I love you, Daddy" since we left. It's really super sweet.

Well, when there's more to share you know I will. In the meantime, I take some little bit of pleasure tantalizing you by dangling mysteries before your blogging eyes! :)

4 comments:

Welcome to Jen said...

Ok first off i had the hardest time reading this entire post...because you posted THAT AWFUL PICTURE!!!!!!!! Seriously I don't think I have ever seen something so awful in my life. I mean God has a plan and use for us all, but Lord Almighty what is your purpose for THE NAKED MOLE RAT....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyhow when are you spilling the beans?? It is now Wed 12:02am...so two days is enough...do tell madame. Well I guess I will attempt to sleep now. Not that it happen after seeing such a picture. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

"mo' monkeys! mo' monkeys!"

i think Pea might have liked the naked mole rats because they moved. a lot of the other animals, especially in the Reptiles and Small Mammals house just sat there. Also, their "burrow" had a window right at her eye level. but, yeah, they were pretty revolting.

Tarah said...

Hmmmm, Close to Virginia. Did you buy a peanut farm?? OH WAIT, NC has amazing pottery communities. Did you buy a pottery shack out in the middle of the beautiful hills?

Hope you had a wonderful time. :)

andreawilliams said...

Did you buy Tarah, you and me a ticket to a tropical island? Huh huh? I know you did!!
I am not a fan of that picture. What if you got up one morning to find that in your kitchen?
I GOT IT!! You bought a naked mole farm!! You are naked rodent farmers.

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued