The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Fall, Glorious Fall!

Autumn is my favorite time of year. I just love the crispness in the air and the way it smells. I love cuddling up with soup or hot cocoa and an afghan or quilt and a good book or movie. I was beginning to think such things didn't exist in my new "world" (Punk thinks of every place we have lived as it's own world. Hence questions like, "Are there dinosaurs in this world?"), but fall has arrived. Quite suddenly, in fact. Last week, I was wondering if we'd ever be able to put the shorts away. Then, Saturday, when we'd planned to take the kiddinkidinks to the pumpkin patch (thankfully, I didn't tell them that!), it rained allllllll day and was about 61 degrees. But, Sunday and today have been beautifully sunny and a crisp 65. I'm wearing cords as I write this and pulled out the wrap my mom knitted for me this morning. I always have a hard time getting out of bed, but it was so snuggly warm this morning and my nose was delightfully chilled. I just had to bask in it. Pea wore tights to preschool this morning (absolutely darling!) and we had to try on a few pairs of jeans to find some for Punk that were long enough, but small waisted enough (most of his now are adjustable waist and they look so funny because they're hugely baggy everywhere else!). I love, love, love it! YAAAAAAY Fall!

2 comments:

Tarah said...

I'm with you girlie.
I love fall! YEA!

Heart4Adoption said...

I love the new look!

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued