The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

All I Have to Say

I have begun to receive inquiries about my resignation from my volunteer position as Adoption Consultant for Acres of Hope. Now that it has been publicly announced, I feel free to make my public statement. If any family inquires of me privately, they will be pointed to this post.

I realize that my leaving Acres raises many questions for the families I have served. While my heart is with you during this difficult and confusing time, ethically, I cannot disclose my reasons for leaving. I will not discuss any Acres of Hope business with anyone other than Acres of Hope staff. I encourage you to ask questions of Acres of Hope staff, and even the Board of Directors, if need be. Be tenacious.

I am praying for you families that are currently adopting through Acres of Hope that you will have eyes to see and ears to hear from the Lord, whatever His direction may be, and whatever the results of His plan for you may be, that you may walk by faith not by sight. I am praying that you will accept His direction (while I recognize that no path before you will be easy to follow and that any path you take from here will require great faith). I am asking God to give you assurance even more than answers--that you can gladly follow His lead, even without knowing all the whys and whats and hows--because, ultimately, obeying Him, whether the particulars of the decision seem wise or not, is your highest calling and your best course of action.

Please understand that though I support you in whatever decision you faithfully make, everything I have to say about Acres of Hope, including my reasons for leaving, is contained in this message.

I wish to thank you for your kindness and generosity toward me both during my service with Acres of Hope and now. I thank you also for your graciousness in accepting this public statement rather than a personal one. The message would be, and remains, the same.

Praying for you to be strengthened in faith and hope,
Rachel

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray God will bless you... will continue to make you in His image, and will keep you in His peace. Perfect peace. Love, Denise

HandsRaisedToHeaven said...

Rachel, I can't even begin to thank you for all of your support and encouragement through this very difficult adoption process for our family. Thank you for your honesty and answering our endless questions. We will miss you.

We pray that God would bless you where ever He leads you.

Blessings,
Jenny

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I pray for blessings and peace for you!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Are you still going to adopt through AoH Ghana?
If no,where are you thinking you will adopt from?What agency?
Steph B

Rae said...

Thank you all for your prayers and kindness. It means a lot to me.

Steph, we are not pursuing international adoption right now.

Muellers said...

Rachel,
Thank you so much for all that you have done for us and other families adopting from Liberia. You have been a blessing and an encouragement to me during this long process. Thank you.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Emily

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued