The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Feeling Like Sarah

Nope, there's still no news about our current adoption. Uuuugh. I had a friend ask, kindly, not long ago what had gone wrong. Nothing has gone wrong. Nothing has happened at all. We've been waiting for a match since August and it feels like it's been a really long wait.

People often recommend other agencies or going the foster care route. We're not opposed to these, but we just don't feel that is the path God has called us to. It's so tempting to "widen the net" and I went so far as to do an afternoon of internet research on other possible agencies. But, it just feels wrong. I feel like we have the freedom to sign on with another agency, but it would not be an act of obedience. In fact, I feel like it would be the opposite--an "act of lack of faith" so to speak. A hit the nail on the head when he said it feels a bit like Abraham and Sarah--having the promise of a child and finding our own way to hurry the blessing into being. That didn't turn out so well for them in the long run.

I have no idea why it is taking so long for us. It's a tremendous act of faith to give up my jealousy when I hear of another family (sometimes even a family who wasn't trying to be matched!) receiving a match. It's a tremendous act of faith to stay here. To stay right where we are. To not back out and give up. To not get anxious and move in to areas God has not directed us to go. I doubt Abe and Sarah felt like God had a good reason for delaying their promised child. I doubt they even understood His reasons after Isaac arrived. When Abraham was walking his son up the mountain to sacrifice him, he probably was still wondering why God had made them wait so long for this child, especially since the plan was just to kill him young anyway. But, Abraham let the question remain and acted on faith instead. I guess we're not so unlike that. There are lots of questions without answers, but we have to go the direction of faith. So, no foster care, no changing or adding agencies, just staying the course and waiting. And hoping. And believing.

1 comments:

Tarah said...

I love your faith Rae! I so often see people seek out the easy, on not stay on course. Way to go!

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued