The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

My Heroine

Oh my cuteness! I am in LOVE!!!!! With Bakerella. She has the most beautiful and/or cute ideas for baked goods on her website. I was so excited about her mini cupcakes, I went straight to work on them. My results are quite adorable, even though they are not quite up to her standard. Here are mine. And, yes, they are every bit as labor intensive as they look! Punk says, "Oh my gosh! These are the best cupcakes you have ever made, Mom!"
(For size reference, you should know this is a salad plate, not a dinner plate. They're about the size of a large truffle.)

Here are Bakerella's. I'm sure this wasn't her first attempt! :) I didn't bother with the sticks for my first attempt... well, except for these poor, bedragled tries. Blech. Of course, beauty is deceiving, because these little monsters are oh so delectable for the taste buds! A said, "These things melt in your mouth, Honey!" :)
You better believe I'll be trying this again some time soon! Oh, and if you want to give it a whirl, click here. And, be sure to tell me all about your Mini Cupcake Adventure!

0 comments:

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued