The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Pup's Dedication

31 March 2011

On Sunday we dedicated Pup to the Lord. I don't know what your church tradition is, but this one comes from the fact that Mary and Joseph dedicated Jesus to the Father when he was an infant. There is also precedence with Hannah dedicating Samuel, and maybe some other babies. I don't know as much about the background as I probably should. But when I read that Jesus was dedicated at the temple, that was good enough for me! :)At our church, the families who are dedicating their children come on stage and our pastor prays over them. Then, the rest of the staff have an opportunity to offer words of encouragement or prophesy. The staff have been praying, asking God what he wants to impart to these parents and children, and then they give these word-gifts to the families at the dedication during the Sunday service.Our pastor's wife told us that she had a very clear picture of Pup in early elementary school out on the playground. He was a leader among his peers and a champion of the underdog. He stuck up for those who were picked on and stood up for justice. She said it wasn't necessarily anything Aa and I had worked hard to impart to him; just part of his make-up, a gift of God for his life. Another pastor also confirmed that Pup would be a lover of his fellow man (and child!) and that he will be a defender of the weak. He went on to say that Pup will lead by example in this area.Of course, both Aa and I were teary as we heard these words of destiny spoken over our son. I had even toyed with the idea of naming him Justice because I felt some inklings of this before he was even born! I am amazed (again) by what God is doing in and through and for our son, before he is even 3 months old!

0 comments:

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued