The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Punky's Sayings

Hi again.

So, it took me like 10 tries to get signed in! I totally couldn't remember which combination of username and password I used. Hopefully next time will be easier.

Anyway, I promised to share some of the cute things Punk says as he's learning language.
wizzers = scissors
horndog = corndog (hee hee!)
clean-up butter = peanut butter (I have to admit I encourage the use of that one!)

Hmmm, can't think of any more right now. I guess what everyone warned me about is already happening! As I think of more, I'll add them in.

Meantime, here's a funny little story. The other night I was finishing up cooking dinner and Punk and Aaron were upstairs in the spare room (soon to be the "boys' room"!) which is full of stuff that has no other logical home. Anyway, Punk comes strolling down the stairs with a crisp 2 dollar bill Aaron had stashed in there. He walks right up to me, shoves the 2-spot at me and says, "Mama. Mama. Dis is my pad." Huh? "It's your pad?" "Yup. It's my pad...for my panties." HA! I cracked up!!! I told him to go tell his Dadders what it is. Aaron's wry comment: "You need to give Mama a little more privacy in the bathroom." I heartily agree! : )

We went shopping for a birthday present for another little boy today. I was wondering how that would go down. Well, all in all, it wasn't too bad, but Punk kept freaking out that I bought a small panel of stickers for Danny. Right up until nap-time he kept having "mini-bursts" and whining/crying, "No 'tickers for Danny!" Doesn't care that Danny's getting a nice new game to play, but heaven forbid the birthday boy indulge in a few silly stickers! I'm learning the economy of Punky's World. Sigh. Me--diamonds. Punk--stickers. Guess it could be worse!

Okay, better get my mid-day shower (that is my only shower, which only happens during Punk's nap so I can have some of that much-cherished privacy). Aaah.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel! I love your blog, your family won't be the only ones reading it! I cried when I read your Christmas letter a couple weeks ago and I cried again tonight reading your blog!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Jen (Hughes) Klier

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued