The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Immunizations

Aaron and I went to Central District Health today to get caught up on all our wonderful immunizations for our trip to Liberia. It took two hours and I left without being immunized at all! No kidding! Aaron got two shots, though, and some live Typhoid to put in the refrigerator. Guess what we're having for dinner! No, not Typhoid, are you crazy?!

So, why did I get "benched" for this exciting ordeal? Well, let me tell you. (unless you are Net Nanny or a very sensitive reader--in which case, you probably don't want to hang out with me any more and I complete understand.) You see, Aaron came home for a hot-dog lunch or to let the fawns and gazelle out or what have you on Wednesday and after the stag had entered the garden, Aaron discovered the condom was just lying there limply laughing at us and doing absolutely nothing to keep the dew out of the garden. How did this happen? (Edit: If you have no idea what all this means, I applaud your naivete and point you to the very novel article I referenced in my last post.)

So, e-friends and stalkers (I know there are still some of you out there!), my rough guess is that Wednesday was around Day 19 or 20 for me. I typically have about a 30-31 day cycle (except when I have a 40-45 day one). Sooooo...well, I should have some exciting news for y'all in a week or two. I just hope this isn't one of those 45 day cycles because they always freak me out a bit and if it happens this month, it'll really, really, really freak me out! Oh, I'll be excited either way although one outcome will certainly give me much more to think about, including whether I need to be immunized at all since it'll no longer be a no-brainer that I'm going to Liberia in a few months. And, the In-law Invasion is scheduled to take place on the 19th, so I really would like to have an answer by then.

Happy Weekend!

10 comments:

Bingaling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
this is us said...

Ha! I had to read that paragraph 2 1/2 times before I got it. :) Net Nanny must be protecting my sensibilities pretty good!

Jocelyn said...

Rae,

You are too funny. I loved your post. Whatever happens is meant to happen so no worries, maybe God wanted you to have 4 children instead of 3, enjoy!!!

I'll be reading waiting for results ;)

-Jocelyn

Ginger said...

Oh girl, you are so bold! and hilarious! I'll be praying a new blessing is on the way for your sweet family.

Brandi said...

Rae,

Oh my dear, I can't believe the post I just read. This confirms it, you need to move here and hang out with us on a regular basis. Your my kind of girl! I'm pretty much gonna laugh my head off if you're pregnant. Going from 1 to 4 kids in one year is enough to drive anyone to their knees. God must definitely be teaching you to trust Him in EVERYTHING!! I'll be praying. . .love ya =)

Tarah said...

:) You are a crack up. Well, now we all know not to call your house at nap time...
4 kids would be so fun. Not for me, but for you! hee hee
Is there any problem going to Liberia without immunizations-like getting back into country???
Tarah

International Mommy said...

That is so funny- I love your description!! Took me a minute to figure it out though! We actually had a similar experience a few weeks ago and I was pretty terrified!! OK I was meltdown terrified (for us it would be 5 kids!) I wonder what it is about adoptive mom's getting pregnant?? Lol! Well can't wait to hear !(ours was negative)

Charity

Brandi said...

Rae, Who is International Mommy who commented above? Her little girl is breathtaking! Does she have a blog?

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

K, I stalk but have said hi once! But sweet, innocent me had to read your post three times to get what you were saying...before I read on. That is absolutely hilarious and I have NEVER heard anyone talk about the birds and the bees that way before! That was great!
Smiles,
jen in MI
also a PAP waiting for a daughter from Ethiopia

Leslie said...

Too funny Rae!! I will be interested to hear the outcome!! Check out my latest news of impending motherhood!! http://esperanzadelalma.blogspot.com/ I am SO excited!!

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued