The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Two Mommies!

Punk and I were just browsing the "Picture Hall" of family pictures. I was showing him Great Grandma and Grampa Whitmer since he'll be seeing them for the first time in 2 years tonight. Then we moved on to all the other photos in the hall. Two Christmases ago we got 3-generation family pictures taken of both Aaron's side and my side of the family. They are all framed together in the same area. So, Punk was looking at each photo and pointing out each relative by name. He smiled when he saw the group shot of my side of the family and laughed: "There's two Mommies!!" He pointed to my twin sister and to me, laughing all the while. I laughed too. Then he pointed to Sarah and said, "That's not mommy!"



Here's the photo that confused him. Top row: Sarah, Mom, Me. Middle: Dad, Aaron, Matt (my brother). Front: Punk. (Sorry Mom and Matt about "flashing" your faces!) Look how square our smiles are--especially us girls. Weird family trait. In this first one, my head looks really long. I'm obviously not a great photographer!

Aah, there we go now my face looks nice and roundy and mooney and normal (someone once tried to compliment me by saying my round face reminded her of the moon. I still can't quite take that as a compliment!!!)


And, here's a couple other recent photos of my sis, so you can compare and contrast! These were taken at an awards banquet where Sarah was honored. This first one is my mom (with the red hair), Sarah, some official-like person, and Sarah's boyfriend Joe (he's actually nice and not in the Chicago mafia, despite appearances).This is Sarah with another gal who helped her paint a mural for the Chicago Women In the Trades, the sponsor of the awards banquet. The other gal is also named Sarah and she is my idol in the "Great Conversationalist" area. I've really never met anyone as good at it as she was. I met her last year at my sister's 30th birthday party (yeah, obviously, it was my birthday too, but it really was her party.).


And this is my sis and her friends. I think she looks really pretty in this picture with her big smile!

1 comments:

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued