The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Update on Pence

Aaron and I got to talk with Patty last night and she explained more of what's happening with Pence's situation. We so appreciate all of you who are fighting this spiritual battle with us. Here is more information to fuel your prayers.

The obstacle right now is Pence's aunt who works at Firestone Hospital. It is unclear why she doesn't want Pence to leave the hospital and yet will not take him home herself. She visits him, but infrequently. Eric, a Liberian who works for the orphanage, is going to talk with her and try to persuade her to either take him home and lovingly raise him or to release him for adoption with her blessing.

When Patty goes back to Liberia in August, she is planning to take a letter we will write and Dr. Sherman from the Board of Directors of the hospital to the Associate Chief Justice of Liberia and ask for personal custody of Pence so that we can adopt him. She is also threatening to report all of this to the Geneva Convention. And, she will follow up the leads from the video.

Patty has made this her personal mission to get Pence out of that hospital. When she went with the Petersons to pick up Mama/Ruby from Firestone, Pence ran to her. She picked him up and he put his hands on her face, making her look him in the eyes and asked, "Grandma, when is it my turn?" I broke down when she told us that and my eyes are stinging with tears again in the retelling of it. She told him that God has his timing and that neither he nor she has forgotten him. It all just tears my heart out. He wants to come home, friends. My one consolation through all of this has been that Pence is happy where he's at and oblivious that anything is wrong with his current situation. Now I know that is not the case. I'm undone.

10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tarah said...

To be undone is OK. Weep for your babe now, and know Christ holds you through it. Cry out your sorrow and we will cry with you.
LOVE YOU!!!

Amber G. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sintari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bingaling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it's not going smoothly. I pray that your little one will come home soon...he's adorable.
Danielle

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just A Family said...

Rachel I am so praying for you guys.
I cryed when I read your post.
Hang in there sister...
love,
Robin

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued