The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Ooops... I Did It Again

I hate to admit it to the whole blogging world, but there is a small smudge on my reputation as an honest, upright individual with the utmost integrity. It's really not my fault. I'm innocent. All history and evidence to the contrary... Really, really--INNOCENT.


Some of my family members believe that I prowl around in search of birthday gifts. But, it's simply not true. Their evidence is purely circumstantial. Every time (yes, there have been several) it is truly an accident. I'll spare you the gory details of the past indictments and share only the most recent episode.


My birthday is on Sunday...this upcoming Sunday...August 19th. It's still days away and I wasn't thinking about it at all when I went to the mailbox yesterday afternoon. I was surprised to find a small box waiting in there for me. I checked out the "from" part (but I INNOCENTLY neglected the "to" part), and quickly concluded it was the t-shirt Brandi was sending me. I even told Punky, "Oh, it's my t-shirt from Brandi!" but 3 year olds make lousy eye-witnesses.



When we got into the house, I pulled the tab and the box sprung open. Inside, there was a small box surrounded by snowman poop. "That's odd...what could it be?" I wondered aloud (still no help from the 3 year old eye-witness). I grabbed the small box, flipped it so I could see what was inside, gasped, and slammed it back (face-down) on the counter. "Oh buggers! I did it again!"



I had told Aaron I wanted a watch for my birthday. He ordered one, on behalf of my in-laws and sister, from one of those "other" stores on Amazon. But last I knew, it was from Amazon itself. This was no Amazon box! How was I to know?! Really, Judge, how was I supposed to know? The address label? Oh yeah. I checked the "to" part at this point. It clearly said Aaron Wilson, but the "FROM" part, Judge--it said "BikeSomeWhere.com/SwingSomeWhere.com" and was from FL (where Brandi lives--where the t-shirt would be coming from). The obvious assumption would be...IT WAS MY T-SHIRT!!!


Absolutely overcome with guilt (even though I was totally innocent), I called Aaron immediately and confessed my mistake. He laughed and asked if I liked it. I told him I had barely seen it before slamming it face-down on the counter. "Can I look?" "Yes." "Ooooh! I do like it! Good choice!"

So, another birthday surprise INNOCENTLY spoiled. I don't know why this keeps happening to me. Really. I don't.

Disclaimer: All photos in this post have been reenacted to illustrate a true story.

3 comments:

Amber G. said...

I think you need to contact a lawyer. Say nothing more that might be incriminating! :)

Amber

Happy Birthday, by the way!

Brandi said...

Very funny story, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it was a ruse to get out to the blogging world that it's your birthday on Sunday. . .hmmmmm. . .the world will never know the truth!

Love you! I'll wait till Sunday to say Happy Birthday!

Bran

S and K said...

Happy Birthday!
Your watch is beautiful!
-Katy

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued