The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Acres of HOPE

Oh friends. I'm a bit dismayed today. Things are not going well with Pence's aunt. It's not over yet, of course, but it has been hard for me today to keep my hope high. Nothing is impossible for our God, but the setbacks are discouraging. Pray that I will find my hope in God alone and that I may look past my circumstances to see the Father's loving face.

I was just about to ask that you pray for my faith to be supernaturally strengthened, but then, I thought twice. Faith isn't strenthened by the asking. It's strengthened by the using. And that's on me. I guess I just reminded myself to engage my faith.

Other than that, today was an amazing day. We got to tour some of the new properties where even more humanitarian aid will be happening in coming years. It was amazing to broaden our perspective so far beyond our own adoptions...to gaze for a moment into the future. Our future, as staff of AOH. The future of AOH opening into new adventures. The future of Liberian children, and the future of Liberia herself. It was uplifting and joyous to contemplate what will be occuring on those lands in just a few years.

We also witnessed the uniting of two families who received their adopted children this evening. They were not expecting this to happen tonight! In one case, the parents looked just like birth parents in the labor room being handed their newborn. They adopted a 10 mo old baby boy. What a blessed moment. In the other case, the mama was just stunned and received her new son, a 9 yr old, with joy and trepidation. It was precious to see these two approach each other with mingled love and fears, joy and wonder.

We're hoping to visit the Os again tomorrow. Which means we will get to love on Pea a bit more. I'm looking forward to that, very much! :) And, on that note, I think I better tuck myself in to pray and sleep.

7 comments:

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Rachel, all I can do is to say I will pray for Spencer, his aunt, and you and Aaron. For you to be reminded of the one who is standing with his strong arms, ready to hold you up! Love, Denise

Loni said...

I just happened across your blog. I look forward to reading it again when I have time. We have 2 children from Sierra Leone that we adoted 9 years ago. What joy! I was also excited to hear that you toured the Africa Mercy. We have friends on the ship, Kristin and Keith Chapman who have a little boy (Samuel) from Liberia and Olly and Sally Peet who have a little girl (Libby) from Liberia. It is such a small world. . . If you happen to board ship again, please give my friends a hug for me as I have not seen them for about 4 years and miss them all terribly! Sincerely,

Loni Olson

Denise Nelson said...

Dear Rae:

We will pray for a supernatural move of God especially in Spencer's case. God, please change the aunt's mind, soul and heart, show her a vision for Spencer's future with Aaron and Rachel's family, in Jesus Name. Amen

Denise in MI

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!

Erin said...

Praying for you guys, Spencer and his aunt.

Amber G. said...

I am so sorry to hear that its not going well with Spencer's aunt. We will keep praying. (I'm still going to pray for supernatural faith for you... so that even if you are having a bad day, the super faith will be there to encourage and strengthen your own faith...)

I'm glad you were able to get a glimpse into the future of AoH humanitarian work in Liberia(YOUR future, too!!!) It's pretty exciting.

We're praying traveling mercies over you as you return home.

Amber

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued