The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Dinner Convo

Punk: Is Princess (one of Anglins' three horses) a girl?
Me: Yes.
Punk: She doesn't have a penis.
Me: Nope.
Punk: But Rex and Magic (the other two horses) do.
Me: Yep.
Punk: 'Cause they're boys.
Me: Uh-huh.
Punk: Rex has a penis and a hole.
Me: A hole for his poopies.
Punk: Yeah, and a penis for his pee-pees. Mom, girls don't have PEE-nisses. (He cocks his head) What do they have?
Me: (while numerous suggestions cross my mind--vagina, no...vulva, no...) Uuuuuuhhhh...
Aaron: A urethra.
Punk: A YURR-EEE-TRA!!!??!!!
Us: (hiding our laughter) Uh-huh.
Punk: Boys have penisses and girls have urethras. Is that kinda funny?
Us: (no longer able to hide our laughter) Uh-huh.
Punk: Is that kinda weird?
Me: No, not weird. That's how God made us--boys and girls, penisses and urethras.
Punk: Pea and Mommy are girls so you have urethras. Daddy and me are boys and WE have PEE-nisses! And that's a 'dult (pointing to a woman's picture/magnet on the fridge).
Me: (giggling) She's a WHAT? Oh, an adult. Yes, she's an adult.
Punk: She has a urethra. Mom, look at this!

He stuffs his dirty sock in his mouth and the rest of us get on with eating our Macaroni and Cheese with Ham and Peas.

Parenthetically, I feel compelled to point out at this point that I actually made the Mac-N-Chee from actual macaroni and real cheese. I even grated the cheese in the food processor--it was that real. And mixed it all up. And baked it. Well, A baked it. Between hand-washing all the dishes (the apartment doesn't have a dishwasher) and ironing his shirts. He's the most adorable Mr. Mom I've ever met!

Furthermore, I must tell you that in spell-checking this post (yes, I did. No, I don't know why), I discovered that the true plural of "urethra" is actually "urethrae" which I'm considering as my new nickname. "My name is Rachel, but my friends call me Ureth-Rae." Has a certain ring to it.

6 comments:

Tarah said...

I am so gald to know we tell the kids "uretha". I have been saying front bottom too long. Thanks Aaron! Time to inform. Wait till the horses have "fun" and more questions come out!!!!! hee hee

You will always be my Ureth-rae!!!

Anonymous said...

Ureth-Rae

You are too funny for a mommy of two little tiny children living in a temporary environment dealing with a third world country adoption situation as snow flakes float down and a biology lesson is given to a child with a sock in his mouth!!! HOW MUCH CHOCOLATE HAVE YOU EATEN TODAY??!!!

Love, Denise

Brandi said...

Um, you are hilarious! I would like to say that I'm VERY glad that you don't have google adsense which scans your blogs for "key words" and chooses ads based on them!!!

Bran

alice said...

This was refreshingly hysterical.

From Five to Eight said...

Oh my gosh you are so funny!
We had several donkeys at one time...I won't even go into all that was learned through that experience! :) Ain't farm life great!
Teresa

Jamie said...

Um... Yes, I have talked about sexual abstinence with more than 30,000 teenagers, but NO! I'm so not calling you Ureth-RAE! ;0) But I AM coming to your house for dinner. Your made-from-scratch mac and cheese sounds very, very yummy!
Love,
Jamie Z. :0)

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued