The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Photo Crazy

Hey. So, I downloaded whatever pictures were on the camera. They're pretty miserable. But, hey. You begged. I'm obliging. What more do you want from me, people?!

First, we have a collection of the kids helping decorate Grandma and Grandpa's tree. This is the Black Friday tradition of my family. As I said previously, we usually avoid shopping like the plague, but broke our rules this year. So, Daddy, Uncle Matt, and Grandpa stayed home with the kids while we girls shopped. Please note, Aaron dressed and readied the children. When I got home I fixed Pea's hair appropriately and turned her shirt around the right way. Just sayin...



This next set of pictures is out my front door mid-day today. It is snowing. It has been snowing all day and looks like it wants to continue for quite some time. If you look really, really hard you can see the flakes against the red of the barn or the blue of the Big Blueberry (our van). Punk can't wait to get out in it. But, nobody else wants to go with him. Go figure. I'll definitely be making meatloaf and mashers tonight. And maybe even that pecan pie. Yes, all from scratch (except the pie crust--you people have such high expectations of me!).


These photos are for the AOH website. But I thought you'd want to see it here first.

And, because I like to make it a habit to show off when I sweep the floor, here is the evidence of the last sweepage, accomplished upon our return to our humble abode after Thanksgiving. Nasty. For the record, I have never once mopped the floors in all the time I've lived here. How d'ya like them apples?!
Now, in a shameless attempt to boost my comments numbers (as if a photo post needs extra comment-boosting incentives), I'm going to ask you a simple question. Do you prefer the "slideshow" version of presenting photos (I'm sure you've seen this on other blogs) or do you like them this way with my little comments smattered in there? Click on "comments" below and tell me all about it, K? Good.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the comments better...The snow is pretty...but I agree, I would not want to play in it for very long. It has got to be so cold!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky Avella said...

I like the way you did it better. I like to be able to scroll down and see them as I read your comments. It's like you showing us your photo album and commenting as you go. Your "official" picture sure is pretty. : )

Blu and Darbi said...

I'm not a big fan of slideshows--your way is great!! Keep 'em coming in all your free time. :)

Love,
Darbi

From Five to Eight said...

Keep as is...especially good for slow internet people :)

I LOVE your sweepin's...I KNOW I can beat you. Sometime I'll post and prove it :) We just gone done decorating gingerbread people. I bet I have a pound of sprinkles on the floor!
Teresa

Brandi said...

Comments way is definitely better! I like your commentary b/c it makes me laugh too. I especially like the backwards shirt! too funny! Also, sometimes the slideshows are too fast and sometimes too slow. . .this way I can take my sweet time! Especially, when i have children tugging on me and may miss one along the way!

Brandi

Anonymous said...

rachel...much prefer the comments to slide show. No patience for a slide show of who knows what. And for the record...my husband ALWAYS put kids clothes on backwards. He said that way when you hold them, everyone else can see the cute designs on the clothes. Is he good at rationalizing or what?!?

Patty in Chicago

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued