The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Wet Jeans

Don't ya hate the feeling of wet jeans? Wet clothes in general are awful, but there's something really, really bad about wet jeans. Especially when the wetness is from pee. And, the pee did not come out of your body. The one who peed on your jeans? Yeah, he came from your body. But the pee? No. It's just all over your jeans. And, you're in a public restroom. At a restaurant. Because your dish-doing husband didn't do his dishes, so while there are things to eat in your home (see previous post about the delicious lasagne), there's nothing to eat on in your home. But I digress. Being the thinking-ahead good-mother that I try to be, I brought an extra pair of panties and jeans for my potty-learning son, but, honestly, it never occurred to me to bring another pair for myself. Sigh. Maybe next time I'll be smarter and bring me some replacement jeans (didn't need his replacement set in case you were wondering). Or, maybe I'll encourage better focus on the aim-requiring task at hand (but public bathrooms are soooo darn interesting!). Or, maybe the dish-ditching man can take the wee (ahem) toddler to the MEN'S room where he really belongs anyway.

6 comments:

Tarah said...

Dear Aaron,
Slacking on dishes??? hmmm
I really do think you ought to be taking the boy to the "mans room". Just have to say, aiming a pee pee at the wall urinal must be easier!

Ureathra-rae
Kinda think this is your destiny. Wet jeans are SOOO nasty, but better than puked on jeans!!

Brandi said...

Yes, nothing is worse than realizing you smell. . .not just you smell something, but it's coming from you b/c your kid has peed on, pooped on or thrown up on you! So sorry!! It's all over soon. Brayden hasn't had an accident in months now! I finally stuck a change of clothes for myself in my car. . .I don't put it in the diaper bag to take up room, but at least it's there. (hmmm? Is it there right now? I'll have to recheck that since I have ANOTHER one to potty train soon!)

Bran

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of potty training! We are in the midst of it too! Only a mother could deal so well with another's bodily fluids all over you! A change of clothes for Mom in the car is a good idea!
Julie L.

Anonymous said...

wet jeans in sub zero weather too! maybe the dish ditching hubbie owes you another Sun afternoon "date!" Love, Denise

A Family said...

I thought the wet jeans were going to be from the snow. Potty training is truly my weakest moments!!!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Panties.. you are so a girl. Your little boy doesn't wear panties! He wears manly underwear, briefs or boxers. It's OK I still goof and ask my future men i9f they changed their panties.
Annee

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued