The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Alright Already


Ummmmm...Yeah. I don't HATE winter. I really don't. But this is becoming ridiculous! Easter morning...we woke up to snow. This is at least our 6 consecutive month of snow. Yup. We woke up to snow again this morning. Not just any snow either. The worst snowstorm of the year. Here's what the lovely Blizzard Warning People have to say about it this morning:

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM CDT SATURDAY...
WIDESPREAD BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE...ESPECIALLY NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR. AN ADDITIONAL 4 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW WILL OCCUR BY FRIDAY EVENING.
WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS FROM HEAVY SNOW... AND WIND GUSTS TO 55 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE FROM TWO HARBORS TO THE TWIN PORTS AND ASHLAND. THE STRONG WINDS AND SNOW WILL RESTRICT VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO AND HAVE DOWNED TREES AND POWER LINES. AN ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM CANNOT BE RULED OUT.
And, weather.com's hour-by-hour report shows snow in every single hour for today. My own little meterologist (Punk) says, "Mom, we can't go outside today. It's taller than us out there!" Well, at least it's not THAT bad. Yet.
Just to rub it in Moose and Zee (yes those are their real names) on Noggin (Pea and Punk's fave channel) keep singing their happy little Spring song: "Believe in Spring! ... Believe in Spring! ... Spring is coming just for YOU!" They even went so far as to sing a SUMMER song yesterday! What kind of a moose is Moose?!!!! (--cough--Poser--cough--). Who can you trust these days?

Well, me, for one. Here's the view from my front door this morning. Look how the snow has wrapped around the back of the van. And, how it's obscuring the view of the trees in the background. Uuugh.
I zoomed in on the barn here so you can see the fury of the storm. Look at it blowing! Yipes!This one shows how the snow is piling up at the foot of the other barn. And, once again, the trees are almost invisible.So that's what it looks like out my front door. Here's what my front door looks like! All the windows are caked with snow too, so you can't really see out too well. And the wind is whistling and whipping around the house. Is this April or January?!!!!

This is the front porch. That short, dark, horizontal line on the left is a snow-buried skateboard. Note the snow on the jams and threshold.After I took that shot, Punk leaned in and grabbed some snow. To eat!


Punk: "MOM!!!! I eated the snow!"


Pea: "I et it aw! I et it aw!"


Punk: "NO! Pea, you didn't eat it all. It's a SNOWSTORM!"


Editor's note: The following was added at 4:15 PM the same day

Well, it appears to have stopped snowing, but not stopped blowing. The plowman came too. I guess I can't say we're snowed in anymore. Here's the current views. Look how the snow is up to the bumper in back and over halfway up the wheel.

Piles and piles of lovely plowed snow.Can you see the skateboard (or should I say "snowboard"???) now? I can barely see it's rounded end. And there's more snow on my threshold now than before.

There is this one little corner of spring in my world. My boy-o's brought them to me. They've seen better days, but I just can't throw them away yet--not with the blizzard and all.

4 comments:

Tarah said...

:) I am so looking forward to having you come visit and enjoy the beautiful 60-70 defree weather!!! We might have to have the brunch outside just to enjoy! Love ya- sorry you are snowed in.

Heart4Adoption said...

Just think, one more reason for you to just LOVE having moved to WI. I wonder what God is teaching you about His beautiful creations. Snow is beautiful too:) With that said, ummm, all of our snow melted this morning;) Tanya

andreawilliams said...

I don't want to rub it in but it is going to be in the 70's here this weekend!
Hee hee sorry...
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Uh Wow. Yuck. For once I guess I'm glad we are in Boise where it was 70 degrees today. :)

You're like a Pioneer. A sexy Pioneer.

Jamie

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued