The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Internet Saves the Day

I was bumbling around Ebay last night after I got absorbed in a phone call and missed the final minutes of my auction for pants for Punk and therefore had to be looking again. And, I clicked a link to an ad saying that they would help me find the perfect-fit jeans for my body. As Punk would say: "Da da daaa daaaaaaaH!" The link took me to myshape.com, where they ask you questions about how you like things to fit, the styles you like to wear, and your measurements, then assign you one of 7 body types (I'm an "M"; you could be a Y, S, H, A, P, or E--get it? It spells MY SHAPE) AND trolls it's designer warehouse for all the styles that will flatter your figure and fit your body. So, it'll present to you not only the styles (it's not just jeans after all) that look good, but will also calculate what size you should purchase (a dream come true for a girl who lives in the middle of nowhere and is thus forced to buy on the internet, drive 4 hours to Minneapolis--see below, or shop at the SuperWalMart 30 minutes away), and even which colors will look best on you! Sorta like if you were Scarlet Johanson or someone and had a personal sylist! I haven't bought anything yet (pretty $pendy), but just having a clue as to what's supposed to look good will help in all my future shopping ventures. Oh, and they will give you $25 off your first purchase of $50 or more, so that's not bad. And, hey, you can always take their style recommendations and troll the internet for discounts. Anyway, if you find your body hard to dress, or you buy online a lot, this may be a nifty little something to check out!

2 comments:

andreawilliams said...

Cool website. What is the letter for "I just had a baby and I still really crave cookies"? Hmm...

Tarah said...

I will have to try it!!! :)

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued