The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Birthday Bonanza

As you know, July is birthday month in our household--Punk, Pea, and A, not to mention our country and Pea's homeland. Oh, and our wedding anniversary. So, somewhere between Wisconsin and the money pit, uh, I mean, our new house in North Carolina, we managed to celebrate a bit with mia familia. Here's the photos to prove it! :)

Could she be any more beautiful! This is my new fave pic of her, despite the oddity of her nudity (would you want that frosting on your kids' clothes?!). When she smiles (and even when she's not), she's so impossibly gorgeous! I think we're going to have to arrange a marriage for her at age 12...
Here's one of the big hits of the afternoon...not my brother (although he is a big hit with kids of all ilks, not just his niece and neph), but the thing on his head. It expands and contracts on hundreds of little pivots. Much fun to be had!
Another of the big hits, this one from Uncle Matt, who spent hours in the toy store playing with things. Obviously, he was very concerned about finding the perfect gift--and it paid off! I love this first photo here--look at the intensity on Punk's face!


My extremely talented sister apparently mistakenly over-bought yarn on Ebay (maybe it's genetic? or a twin thing?), and we are the proud beneficiaries of that fortunate mistake! Check out what she made for the kiddinkidinks! Everything you see here was custom-created for Punk and Pea! Amazing!

Isn't this beautiful? The pics don't do it justice (nor the t-shirt underneath!). Check out the proud auntie in the background!
Tia Sarah thought it was high time the kiddinkidinks started living up to their appellations (just when I was thinking of changing from Punk and Pea to Bossy and Saucy!). Check these out!

Guess what he'll be wearing to his first day of school at the end of the month?! :)So, folks, remember how I was saying how gorgeous this girl is? Well, check out the posing! No one taught her this. Good thing I'm totally UNinterested in being a pageant mom!Pea's expression isn't as cut in this one,but look at Mom and me cracking up about the posing!Pea's outfit is complete with sweater and a little hat too. Dunno how we missed getting photos of the hat? Guess you'll have to wait for first-day-of-school photos... (by the way, did one of you leave your chin at my parents' house? I seem to have two in this photo. It is just this photo, right?!)This is too cool. And, yes, Sarah made it, all of it. It's a checker board on one side, tic-tac-toe on the other, complete with checkers and Xs and Os, and a carrying case! Sam didn't really get it that afternoon, but he has been learning to play checkers and I'm sure that when we sit down and play he'll be really into it! Inside this box is a tiny dolly. When we asked Pea what her name was, she said (we think), "Gayle" (A's mom's name), immediately followed by, "She pooped!" So, my fam took to calling the dolly "Gayle Pooped" and despite the implications about my mother-in-law, it is an appropo name for the doll--Pea must have told us Gayle Pooped needed to be changed about 542 times that afternoon!

I took in-progress-house photos too, but I'm going to bed, so you'll have to wait for those!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incidently, all of THAT yarn was bought intentially. I'm glad the kids are enjoying their presents.

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued