The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

So, This is 2009

We had a very low-key New Year's Eve here in Punk and Pea World. I decided it would be fun to break out the fondue pot and start a new tradition. The kids loved it and Punk has been begging to do it again. Only, neither of them really liked the dipping in the cheese part. The just liked eating cut up bread and veg with very long, sharp mini-forks. Sigh.
Punk also decided to start the year with a bang. On the noggin. Ouch.


I took down the tree today to make room to work on my next project, a purple quilt for Pea. Since it's been a long, long time since my last sweepins post (and because I know how much you like them, Teresa), here is my sweepins pile after we got the Christmas tree out. Can you tell how big the tree was by the size of the sweepins?!I'm not much of one for New Year's Resolutions, but coincidentally, my sis and I are starting a fitness competition. We start Monday. So, here's to a new me and her in 2009!

3 comments:

From Five to Eight said...

That is so funny! I almost took a picture of my pile today too :) My poor vacuum :0
Your hair post made me anxious to get a new do'. I think my new cut looks like yours is now. I usually go and come out looking the same!
Teresace

Tarah said...

Your pile posts crack me up!!

How awesome you are doing a fitness challenge- and with your twin!!
You HAVE to take before and after pics. You can post the before when you are grinnin silly in the post. :)

Missy said...

Good idea on the fondue :-) This has been my family's tradition for as long as I can remember! Happy 2009 to you ... maybe we'll see you sometime this year?

Missy

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued