The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Different Kind of Racy!

This post is for those of you who don't read the comments section (you really should, you know, some of those people are actually funnier than me!).

Jennifer just alerted me that Net Nanny thinks I might be dangerous for young, impressionable children. After all, I have mentioned "intimate apparel" twice now (that I can think of). Just recently in my "tagged" post, I told you all about my poopy kindergarten panties (I didn't even hint at all the times I forgot to even put my panties on--like for my aunt's wedding [5 years ond] and one day when I was doing flips on the school's monkey bars [second grade]! Yipes!). And then, some time ago, I shared the story of the incredible exploding bra. So, be warned. Do NOT check my blog until the kiddies have gone to bed. They might read something here that will scar them for life. Net Nanny would not like that. And I can't have that on my conscience, friends.

(Good thing Net Nanny didn't catch me giving salmonella, uh, I mean cookie dough to my kid!)

5 comments:

Tarah said...

I always knew you had a little racy side!! :) Watch out... undergarments are pretty dang offensive!
Tarah

Jennifer Isaac said...

panties, panties, panties! So there Net Nanny!

Becky Avella said...

That cracks me up. You're going to need to put a rating on your blog from now on. : )

Bingaling said...

You are hilarious! Who knew you were such a bad influence?

Unknown said...

Rachael,

I hadn't seen your blog for a while. While this post made me laugh, almost every other single one made me cry. I am longing for you to be with your whole family. My heart continues to grow for similiar things, though they are still in the dream stages of 'someday', but it is really amazing how similiar are desires sound at times. I am praying for you and would love to talk to you soon. We're sending 8 students to work with orphans in Mozambique this summer and I'm hoping to get there someday too. I'll call you soon and we can catch up. Love jen (hughes) Klier

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued