The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Run For Your Lives--Punk-Style!

So, Punk has this game he loves to play. He calls it "Chase." It bears a striking resemblance to "Tag" except that there is no tagging. Just running. Did I mention that my cute little red-faced (from exertion, not embarrassment, but that was a good guess), 7-year-old-self used to plop down on the soccer field and pick weed-flowers (mid-field, mind you) during not just practices but actual games? Yeh, not a runner. Especially pointless running, you're-never-going-to-be-tagged running. I'm not sure what the fun of "Chase" is for Punk--maybe it's the silly screaming, giggling Mama that entices him to continue. He really doesn't want to "get" you, he just wants to chase you. And, let me tell you, being the Chaser is really, really, really fun. Oh, I've never, ever gotten to be the Chaser. I only think it must be the best part because Punk laughs and giggles and loves it the whole time. He begs and pleads to play Chase. He puppy-dog-eyes you until you succumb. But, I've never been allowed to be the Chaser, only the hapless victim who must never stop running until I'm so tired that a tantrum actually sounds like a good alternative.

1 comments:

Sintari said...

Oh, this sounds so cute! (And tiring.) :) That boy needs some siblings to chase! :) Hopefully they'll play along - or maybe you'll be chased by THREE gigglers! :)

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued