The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Finishing Touches

I've been looking high and low for weeks for the perfect fabric(s) from which to construct the bedskirt and valance for Pea's room--and last night I found them! I'm delighted with them! Here's the new fabrics on the comforter.

(The color's a little off on this second one, but I wanted you to see the details and dots!)


The bedskirt is a "pleated-look" style, so in the middle of each side and at the corners, the main body fabric (the solid chocolate brown) will split away to reveal the underlay (the pink with dots). And I found this beautiful ribbon which will run horizontally through the brown all the way round. The valance will be the same idea--brown/ribbon with a "peek" of the pink in the center. All for just over $16 (I still have to buy the hanger thingy for the valance).


My mom will help me with the construction while she's here. I could probably do it myself, but I thought it would be fun for us to have a project. When she visited for Punk's impending birth three years ago, she helped me with sheers and valances for the living room. In fact, I had just gotten everything cut out when I went into labor, so Mom finished everything up for me while I was spending every day for the next week in the hospital with Punky! I sure hope she doesn't wind up finishing this project by herself!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh...you make me want a girl...I wonder if it's too late to give Isaac a sister!!!

-Jocelyn

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tarah said...

:) loving the colors. I have to say, two boys and then a girl, I am loving pink and girly! Fun huh? Just wait till you dress her.

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued