The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

I'm Back!!!

Well, actually, I didn't go anywhere. No, that's not true, either. My mom's been here for the last week and we've been all over town cramming in the good times!


The big event, of course, was Punk's birthday party. I might as well just admit it... I'm a bad photographer. We brought the camera. We just didn't use it. My apologies to Posterity; we'll try to do better next time. We did get some video. I'll try to figure out a way to make it accessible to you voyeurs and stalkers.

I did manage to capture the moment later when we were eating leftover cake. I made a firetruck cake (no photos of that either--shucks! It was cute!) and on this day Punk declared he wanted a "wheel piece." Ah, ya gotta love a 3-year-old-goth-birthday-boy!

We had a lot of fun at the party. The highlight for the kids was the pinata (more footage, no photos). But there were two highlights for me: when the kids were singing Happy Birthday and Punk was beaming and singing along and also getting to meet Ava Yassah and Leora Klubo Jones for the first time. They are so beautiful and sweet. :)

Other than the party and all the preparations for it, you'd think we'd just lay low, right? NOOOOO, of course not. This is Mom's one week a year with her only grandson and favorite child! (hee hee) We went to the movies twice (Charlotte's Web and Zoom), for free both times. Mom and I got matching haircuts (just kidding, but we did both have our hair spruced up) and Mom got her gel nails filled (what a pain, in my humble opinion!). We shopped quite a bit more than I'm used to (Sierra Trading Post Outlet, Toys R Us, Kohls, etc). We played a few rounds of Sequence for Kids and LeapFrog Connect Four, along with numerous rounds of Hungry, Hungry Hippos. We rented Shrek 2 for Punk and have subsequently watched it 42 times. Mom finished the sweater she's been knitting (or crocheting--I don't know the difference yet) since her last visit (remember, it's once a year!).

AND, as promised, Mom also helped me make the bedskirt for Pea's room. It is better in reality than even in my head! I couldn't be more pleased!
The Princess is accumulating quite a wardrobe already. Here's a shot of her closet. Thanks Grandma Linda! :)

As soon as I'm free to share our big news, I will. In the meantime, I'll tell you this. We have decided to attend the AOH Festival next weekend! Looking forward to meeting many of you e-friends and stalkers face-to-face! (Psst, if you're stalking and your going to be at the Festival, you better fess up now!)

5 comments:

Faith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

AAARGGGHHH! I keep checking to see if you have spilled the beans on this THING yet??? Does it have to do with the stag that was in the woods from the other week? Love, Denise

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Rae,
I so look forward to meeting you at the Festival. Watch for a short mom with curly hair with 4 white kids & Peter. Two daughters are as tall as me.
Carey Rucker

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued