The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

And Baby Makes Four

Well, we are HOME!!! For some strange reason, spending 30-some hours in various airplanes and airports gives me vertigo and makes me a tish irrational. I'm not looking forward to making that trip again any time soon.

Pea did really, really well, but neither of us managed to sleep much. She's been making up for it though. I hope she sleeps through the night. I'm afraid I might have let her sleep too much during the daylight hours today.

Punk is LOVING his new little sister! They are so cute together. :) She's given him the gift of smiles already and it's like they were instantly comfortable with each other. I glanced back into the back seat at them soon after we left the airport last night and they were holding hands between their car seats! It was too cute. Today they were playing together and having fun. He took her by the hand and led her to the toys. He can make her laugh by tickling her. I know that tough times are coming, but for now I'm delighted with how they're getting along.

Daddy is a different scenario altogether, though. She tolerates him at times, and the rest of the time she objects vociferously. I think it must be hard on him--seeing how quickly she "liked" Punk and the bond that we girls have built over the last week and not being there with her yet. He's working on it, though, and I know it won't be long until it gets markedly better.

I was afraid that the trip and being home here would put Pea back in her shell and reverse the progress she and I had made in our attachment. But, I don't think we've lost much ground at all. She's still not talking yet, and I'm getting a little crazy in my desire to hear that little voice. It's kinda silly.

I got a couple cute photos today and I know I "owe" you guys bang pictures. I hope to do a "photo album" post this weekend, but don't hold me to it!

15 comments:

Heart4Adoption said...

Congrats on being home with your little one. Have a great 1st weekend together, and enjoy all of the "firsts" to come! We are living vicariously through you until we can get ours home too:) so, I'll be stalking your blog until pictures are up!! Tanya in NE

Tama said...

So glad your back and YES do post pictures we are all anxiously waiting! Blessings!

Becky Avella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love the picture of them holding hands in the back seat...how precious! Love, Denise

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawnita Paslay said...

I AM ONE OF YOUR BLOG STALKERS...

WHEN MY MOM BROUGHT MY FIRST SISTER HOME FROM KOREA SHE WAS "AFRAID" OF CERTAIN PEOPLE, LIKE MEN WITH FACIAL HAIR, WOMEN WITH LOTS OF MAKE-UP AND SO ON.... IT WILL ALL WORK OUT AND THINGS WILL SMOOTH OUT AS WELL IN TIME! I LOOOOOOOVE HEARING STORIES OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE SUCH A LOVE FOR ADOPTION. MY MOM ADOPTED ALL HER CHILDREN AND ALL OF US SIBLINGS ARE CLOSE, LOVE JESUS AND LIVE WONDERFUL LIVES!!!

CONGRATS AND LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING SOME WONDERFUL STORIES AND SEEING SOME GREAT PHOTOS!

IN HIS NAME,
DAWNITA
AGAIN, I FOUND YOUR BLOG SITE THROUGH BECKY'S AWHILE BACK, I THINK I EVEN CONFESSED TO YOU ON YOUR BLOG THAT I AM A "STALKER" :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
blessedmommy said...

Welcome home. Enjoy your first weekend together.
In Christ,
Melissa Arnold (AOH family)

Bingaling said...

So glad to hear you are home! Enjoy the first few days home and get as much rest as you can!
Chanda

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blu and Darbi said...

So glad you're home Rachel!! Aaron did a great job without you, but ya'll make such an awesome team together! Can't wait to see pics of everyone!!

Love,
Darbi

Amber G. said...

I am just eating up all your stories!!! Thanks for sharing them...
I sure hope Jo adjusts as well as it sounds like Sam has... The stories of them together are so precious! What a good big brother.

Amber

BlueSkyWoman said...

Rachel,
We are overjoyed for you!
I have a note of encouragement about the bonding with Aaron. When my adoptive parents brought me home from the orphanage, I squeezed myself between my Mom and the passenger door, to be as far away as possible from my Dad, who was driving. (We didn't have seatbelts back then) If Dad even looked at me I screamed bloody murder. (A good self-protection tactic for a two year old) This continued at home for about a week, then I started to define myself a bit and refused to obey my Mom. My Dad intervened and disciplined me. (A bit risky wouldn't you think for someone who was hoping to bond with me?) The next day I woke up and went straight to him, sat in his lap for hours. I've been a Daddy's girl ever since.

I've no doubt that soon Siah will discover the joy every daughter has in wrapping her Daddy around her little finger.
Love you!
CindyA

Sintari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued