The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Freak Out Unwarranted

Ok, so my big freak-out a few days back? Well, it was totally unwarranted. Of course things are pretty overwhelming and I have quite a few things in the "Jesus--You'll have to handle this because it's WAY beyond me" file, but so far the transition has been going amazingly well.

Punk is a farm boy. Who knew? He LOVES living here and is thrilled to be able to romp outside all day. Even when it's raining all day. Today was sunny, but up until this morning, it's been pretty much non-stop rain since we got here. Which made moving things from the barn to the apartment extra fun. Anyway, Punk is just absolutely LOVING it here.

He has made friends with Tirzah Anglin (one of Harold and Patty's kids) and he sticks to her like glue! She must be 12 or 13 years old and is very good with him, even though he can drive her up the wall! Today Punk asked me, "Mom, why is she brown?" We laughed and said, "That's the way God made her." Later, Tirzah said, "Mrs. W, I can see all his veins!" I laughed again and said, "That's because he's so white you can see right through him!"

We're being steeped in our new job(s) and are keeping really busy during office hours (and a little after hours too). The learning curve is huge, but not insurmountable. We'll have it all figured out just in time for God to move us on to the next big thing. :)

Aaron talked to Patty this morning about Pence. It seems that she's been able to sift out a little more of the truth, but it doesn't really help us see where to go from here. We're really seeking God about how we personally should proceed, as well as how AOH should proceed with his case. Thanks for all of you who pray for this situation regularly. I'll try to keep you informed.

So, I went in to town this afternoon to run some errands. It was glorious to be out by myself, praying as I drove and revelling in the beauty here. I felt very much at home and very grateful. I was trying to come up with the perfect description for my e-friends and stalkers...it was devastatingly beautiful. What I mean by that is that the beauty of it all kinda ripped me open and filled me up again. I can't describe it, but it was a great feeling. I think the next AOH Festival definitely needs to be scheduled for the first weekend in October. It is too splendid to miss.

Thanks to all of you who have been praying for our transition too. Keep it up--it's working! Except for a moment last Wednesday when I went to the salon for a trim and came out with bangs! Why do we girls always do something drastic to our hair when we're facing big "stuff"?! I'm still not sure if I like them or not. I'm not used to having my hair on my face so much and I'm constantly raking them back with my fingers. A says they're cute, so that's good. I'll have to get a picture of us for the website and so you can see my new 'do.

Last night's pillow talk included Aaron smiling at me and saying, "I really do like working with you. I really like being with you all day. I like hearing you talking to people over the phone and building them up and ministering to them. I like being here when Punk wakes up from his nap. I like this. It's good." I agree. And I'm saying that after THREE WHOLE DAYS, instead of just two, like him! ;)

9 comments:

Becky Avella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

I vote yes! Yes on a fall get-together, and yes on seeing a bangs pic! ;0)
Love,
Jamie Z.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your heart bursting with blessings! Our good God sent you wonderful foliage to make your move beautiful! He welcomed you with the beauty of his creation! Who needs balloons and streamers!

OK, admission... I have cut my own hair (NO, I do NOT know how to cut hair...mine or anyone else's!!) 2 times since we got referrals in July! It is Soooo messed up! It's *like I couldn't control my nerves! Yes, why do we cut hair in the face of big changes or situations??? It's a subject worthy of a study and grant! Go for it!!!

Let's see them!!! Show us those bangs! Love, Denise

Denise Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber G. said...

Awesome report... I am SO glad to hear the transitions is going well. We have been and will keep praying for you guys!!

I love having Peter work so close to home, too. (The shop is literally across the field.) I feel so blessed to know he is right there if I need him and I love seeing him many times throughout the day.

I loved your "devastatingly beautiful" description about fall. I feel that way so often while driving to town this time of year. I've never used that term before... but you are absolutely right. It IS devastatingly beautiful.

Love ya!
Amber

P.S. The haircut thing is tooo funny. I made Peter promise not to let me go crazy and cut my hair this time because I usually do when I am in a transition!! We women are funny creatures! :)

S and K said...

such a sweet post... so happy for you guys!! Praying for you!
Love,
Katy

missy said...

I've been praying for a smooth transition for you. It sounds beautiful where you are. I'm a little envious. And, SHOW US THE BANGS. I used to be a hairdresser in my other life, so I love new do pictures. Missy (aoh yahoo)

Michelle said...

I am just at the very, very beginning of the process - love your story! Can't wait to see it unfold!

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued