The Five of Us, Spring 2014

The Five of Us, Spring 2014

Scrapping--Second Christmas

My sissy sent us all a care package last week! The card said, "Rachel, Aaron, Pea and Punk~> I hope that you all have been having fun in the snow this winter, but I'm guessing that you have been spending a lot of time cooped up indoors too. So here is a care package that I hope will warm your hearts and make you indoor time more fun! And fear not--spring is on the way! Love, Tia Sarah P.S.--TAKE PICTURES!!"


So, here are the pictures! Take note that we do UGLY Christmas in my family traditions and that goes for Second Christmases too (actually, since no one really sees me in the office here, I don't make much effort. If I'd known that the box was coming and that I'd be featured in these photos, I might have spent more time on myself).

We made the kids take turns opening things, and Punk got to go first. He's been having a lot of fun playing doctor. I'm a little worried though--his favorite thing is to give everyone shots! Ouch!
Pea's first gift was this really cute denim dress. Ordinarily I'm not much of a denim fan, but this dress was adorable! Unfortunately, it fit her like a glove and with her growing so much right now, I thought it best to exchange it. The store in Duluth didn't have the same style, so we got an orange-sherbet colored sundress instead! I put the dress on her in the middle of the store to check for fit--and she threw a fit when I tried to take it off! I guess she liked it!Next, Punk opened this Color-Wonder finger paint set. It was another big hit and I have beautiful paintings to adorn my desk area now!
Pea's next gift was this pretty, ruffly lavender hoodie. Perfect for spring! And a good fit too. (For some reason, I remind myself of my mother in this picture. Hmmmm...)Look at Punk's face! He genuinely got excited about receiving this shirt! It was such a cute moment I wish we'd have caught it on video. He was proud as Punch to wear it today and looked like such a big boy!Here's Pea with a little stuffed bear. She's wearing a ballerina's tutu. She's super soft and silky.The kids each got a weirdo monster-bug with a heart full of chocolate strapped to its belly. Punk was kind weirded out by it: "It's a... bug or... a monster... Mama? Is it a bug or a monster?" The lid of the chocolates box said "A MONSTER hug for you!" so we went with monster-bug. :)

More Color Wonder paints! Yippee!And a sweater to go with the shirt. The sweater caused almost as much joy as the shirt did!See Pea's mouth? Yep, stuffed with monster-bug-hug chocolate!Dr. Mom listens to Punk's heart while Pea shows Daddy the yummy chocolate!And, finally, monster-bug-hug chocoloate for Punk!Three cheers for Tia Sarah! (She also sent A and me a heart-shaped box of truffles. Mmmmmm! Truffles are the BEST! And, star pasta for soup. And lip balm. And, a couple other things too) Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

0 comments:

My Man and Me

My Man and Me
married 7/7/2001

Punk

Punk
ours through biology, born 7/25/2004, home 8/1/2004

Pea

Pea
ours through adoption from Liberia, West Africa, born 7/15/2005, home 10/25/2007

Pup

Pup
ours through domestic adoption, born 1/15/2011, home 2/10/2011, final 8/3/2011

Talk To Me

I blog for myself and my kids and I would do it even if no one else cared, but I do like to hear from you (and think it's a wee bit creepy of you to voyeurize us without my knowing it). So, please leave a comment from time to time, or email me anytime at xawilsons@hotmail.com. Much obliged, I'm sure.

Get Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Where You're From

Stalkers, Caught Red-Handed!

Round Two Timeline

  • 9/24/08 Home study update home visit for Ghana adoption
  • 10/15/08 Dossier sent to AOHG
  • 10/15/08 I600A application sent to USCIS
  • 10/30/08 First heard about possible domestic private adoption
  • 11/18/08 Last spoke with contact about possible domestic adoption; expected to hear back about meeting with birthmother
  • 12/3/08 Withdrew application from AOHG
  • 1/6/09 Found out another family had been chosen for possible domestic adoption
  • 1/21/09 USCIS fingerprinting appointment
  • 1/8/09 Received USCIS fingerprinting appointment notice
  • 4/11/09 Sent Pre-Application to Covenant Care Adoptions for Domestic Infant Adoption program
  • 6/8/09 Social worker visit to update home study from International to Domestic
  • 7/24/09 Received completed home study update
  • 8/25/09 Went "on the list" for birthfamilies to choose from
  • 4/28/10 Found out a birth mom had chosen us
  • 5/8/10 Met the birth mom
  • 5/11/10 Got the call that birth mom changed her mind
  • 5/19/10 Birth mom's scheduled c-section
  • 11/30/10 Visit from DSS sw about foster parenting
  • 11/30/10 Got the call that another birth mom had chosen us
  • 12/21/10 Met with the birth mom
  • 1/15/11 @1:42 PM BB was born!
  • 1/19/11 ICPC (interstate) paperwork sent to GA for approval
  • 1/31/11 ICPC Clearance Approved
  • 2/10/11 Placement Ceremony and Pup comes home!!!!
  • 8/3/11 It's Official! Pup's Adoption Decree was issued